Notice of Vacancy - Parks and Recreation Advisory Commission (PRAC)
MEETING TIME AND LOCATION
The Commission meets bi-monthly on the third Thursday at 6:00 p.m. in Town Council Chambers located at 6550 Yount Street.
The Parks and Recreation Advisory Commission serves in an advisory capacity to the Yountville Town Council and staff in matters pertaining to the development of parks and recreation facilities, community service programs, recreation for youth and seniors, cultural activities, community pool services, and library services.
HOW TO BECOME A COMMISSION MEMBER
• Members and High School Non-Voting Member must be a resident of the Town of Yountville (minimum 4 members).
• Involvement (or have a strong interest) in either cultural activities, recreation for youth or seniors, community pool services or library services in Yountville OR own or operate a business (no more than 1 member) to serve on the Commission.
• Ability to take an active role in monthly Commission meetings, special projects and be able to serve on ad-hoc subcommittees, as needed.
• Understanding of the needs of the community as they relate to parks and recreation.
• Ability to demonstrate an understanding of strategic work, vision and an ability to make change happen.
Other Helpful Experience
• Have an interest in and commitment to the importance and value of community affairs.
• Have prior experience in community projects or activities.
• Have prior experience in community-based organizations or organizations involved in cultural activities, recreation for youth or seniors, sports activities or library services.
WHAT IS THE MAKEUP OF THE COMMISSION AND LENGTH OF APPOINTMENT?
The Commission is comprised of five (5) members serving two-year staggered terms of office and one (1) High School member serving a one-year term of office.
HOW TO APPLY
To obtain an application, visit the Town’s website at www.townofyountville.com under Town Council/Boards and Commissions or contact the Town Clerk at 944-8851. The Application filing deadline is Wednesday, January 2, 2019, at 5:00 p.m. Please note Applicants will be requested to appear before the Town Council prior to a Town Council Meeting to be interviewed.
Save the Date - Applicants are tentatively scheduled to be interviewed Tuesday, January 15, 2019, at approximately 4:00 p.m. Time subject to change depending on the number of Applications received.
Date Posted: December 3, 2018