In partnership with Napa Valley Kids Connect, we are thrilled to be offering this Duet Bike for the purpose of providing a unique opportunity for outdoor therapeutic recreation for people living with significant disabilities. The bike is a multi-speed tandem bicycle where the rear half of a bicycle frame attaches via quick-release hardware to a uniquely designed, stand-alone, wheelchair. The Wheelchair portion can be released to use separately for example if biking and you need a rest stop or to go into a restaurant.
This is a free service offered to our community. The bike is available for use:
- Monday through Friday from 9 am to 5 pm
Note: Some evenings may be available
- Saturdays from 8 am to 1 pm
- Sundays from 9 am to noon
Please note: Dates and holidays may be blocked out when the Community Center is closed.
Policies & Procedures
- The Bike must be reserved ahead of time by calling 707-944-8712 or emailing Parks and Recreation Department.
- Those checking out the bike must fill out and sign the form, sign the waiver and present their driver's license which we will keep a copy of.
- The pilot must be over the age of 18.
- Pilot and passenger must wear helmets at all times. Check out helmets that are available.
- Bicycles can accommodate a pilot and passenger of up to 250 pounds each.
For more information or if you have questions, please call 944-8712 or email Parks and Recreation Department.