Cal-Vet, the Town’s Water Supplier, notified the Town Thursday at 6:00pm that they received a positive E.coli test result in their water supply.
- The Town issued a “Precautionary Boil Water Notice” to our Water Customers.
- In order for the Boil Water Notice to be lifted these need to happen:
- Cal-Vet needs to get a negative result Friday from a sample taken Thursday afternoon. (each test takes 24 hours)
- Cal-Vet needs to take another sample Friday afternoon and submit it to the lab and wait for results to come Saturday/Sunday morning.
- Assuming a negative result from that test, the Town needs to take samples from the distribution lines and submit them to the lab Sunday morning.
- If the Town receives a negative result from that test on Monday morning, the Precautionary Boil Water Notice can be lifted.
The Town cannot switch to Napa Water Supply so their system is also not at risk.
The Town cannot switch to well water because the distribution lines are already filled with potentially contaminated water. The scenario of switching to the well, flushing the entire system while limiting water consumption, taking samples and getting the results is a much longer timeline than the Boil Water scenario described above.
Additional noticing is going out this morning via social media and staff is issuing hard copies to all the businesses, restaurants, and hotels in a bilingual format to ensure notification.
The Town will continue to provide updates as information becomes available.
### END ###