Contact: Yountville Arts Commission
Samantha Holland, Parks and Recreation Director
(707) 948-2627 firstname.lastname@example.org
Subject: Upcoming Yountville Arts Legacy Roundtable – The Evolution of Yountville & Napa Valley’s Culinary Scene
Yountville Arts is thrilled to present the final event of the year in the LEGACY ROUNDTABLE series … THE EVOLUTION OF YOUNTVILLE & NAPA VALLEY’S CULINARY SCENE
The Roundtable series is a program that brings together the community with key people of the Napa Valley who have ‘extended’ the legacy begun by pioneers in wine, food, agriculture and other key aspects of historic Yountville and Napa Valley.
Join us at the Yountville Community Center Heritage Room on Thursday, October 26th for a wine reception at 5:00pm, followed by our LEGACY program from 5:30 PM to 7:00 PM.
This engaging roundtable discussion will bring together esteemed culinary experts, including Chef Cindy Pawlcyn, Chef Peter Hall, Chef Jeffrey Jake, and front-of-house Manager Kate O'Reilly …all promising to shed light on the industry's transformative journey, highlighting the changes that have shaped the region's culinary landscape. Over the years, the Napa Valley has emerged as a global culinary destination, captivating food enthusiasts and connoisseurs from around the world. The roundtable will explore the influential factors that have contributed to this phenomenal growth and success. Attendees will gain valuable insights into the challenges faced, innovative trends, and the collective effort that goes into cultivating the vibrant culinary scene in Yountville and Napa.
- Chef Cindy Pawlcyn - A pioneer in the development of wine country cuisine and owner of the beloved and legendary Mustards Grill.
- Chef Peter Hall - A beloved Chef in Napa for over 30 years, having trained in the storied kitchens of Tra Vigne, Mustards Grill, Stars, and Piatti in Yountville before striking out as an independent Chef for many of the premium wineries in the Napa Valley.
- Chef Jeffrey Jake - The executive chef at Carneros Resort and Spa. Before joining Carneros Resort and Spa, Jake was the executive chef at several other prominent hospitality venues in the Golden State, including Silverado Resort and Spa, Fairmont Grand Del Mar, Brannan’s Calistoga, and Pebble Beach Company.
- Manager Kate O'Reilly - With her extensive experience in the front-of-house management, O'Reilly brings a unique perspective to the ROUNDTABLE discussion, offering valuable insights into the customer experience.
- Manager/Concierge Guy Barstad - A fifth generation Napan, he began his career in 1974 as a dishwasher at the Chart HouseRestaurant where he remained for ten years prior to joining the Mustards Grill management team. In 1991 he was offered a position with Piatti managing several of their locations. A success at Piatti, Cole’s Chop House hired him as their GM where he caught the eye of Melissa Teaff Catering and agreed to join her staff. Most recently Guy was a part of Zinsvalley, Lucy, Archetype and Ca’Momi and is currently Concierge at the Round Pond Estate.
"This roundtable discussion marks the culmination of a remarkable year for Legacy Roundtable," said Arts Commissioner Chair, Ronda Schaer. "We are delighted to have these distinguished panelists join us for an insightful discussion on the Evolution of Yountville & Napa's Culinary Scene. Their expertise and passion have significantly influenced the region's culinary landscape, and we look forward to exploring the journey that led to the area's culinary renaissance."
Eventbrite tickets are on sale for $30 per person at yountvillearts.com. Don’t be left out, past Legacy Roundtables have sold out ahead of the event!
This presentation is open to the public, and attendees will have the opportunity to network with our speakers, industry peers, food enthusiasts, and influential figures, making it an enriching experience for all.
Please visit www.yountvillearts.com (under Events) or call 707.948.2627 for more information about this event.
### END ###