Why am I required to have garbage/solid waste service?

Yountville Municipal Code Title 13 requires that a property which has an active water account must have solid waste collection service for all properties located within the town.  It is generally understood that properties/households with an active water account generate household trash, recyclables, and compost that need to be disposed of in a safe, healthy, and environmentally sound manner.

Show All Answers

1. Why am I required to have garbage/solid waste service?
2. My Yountville residence is not my primary home. May I obtain an exemption to self-haul my waste to my primary residence where I have garbage service?
3. I am a resident who produces very little trash. What services am I required to have?
4. I have a landscaper who disposes of all green waste. Am I still required to have a green waste cart?
5. Are there any exceptions to the mandatory solid waste collection service?
6. Who do I contact to sign up for garbage/solid waste collection service?
7. My house is for sale: do I need to maintain services?