Lisa Tyler, Facilities Manager
BIO - My name is Lisa Tyler. I have worked for the Town of Yountville for 13 years. I am the Facilities Manager for the Community Center and also manage the pool during the summer. I grew up in Southern California and graduated from California State University, Long Beach with a bachelor's degree in Physical Education/Sports Medicine. I also have a Master's Degree in Kinesiology. I have lived in the Napa Valley for 26 years. In my free time I enjoy kayaking, riding my horse, walking my dog and traveling.
Jennifer Carvalho, Recreation Supervisor
Garrett Kuehle, Recreation Coordinator
Stacy Diaz, Administrative Assistant
DEPARTMENT SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
The mission of the Parks and Recreation Department is to provide healthy lifestyle promoting activities, classes & services for all ages and interests.
The responsibilities of the Parks and Recreation Department include:
- Managing the daily operations as well as the long range planning of the Parks and Recreation Department, all of its services and facilities.
- Supervises department personnel including the hiring, training, evaluation, and discipline; mentor and develop employees and fostering creativity.
- Oversees, develops and implements administrative procedures and policies associated with recreation programs and facilities.
- Reviews and analyzes the effectiveness off departmental services and makes necessary improvements.
- Prepares and monitors the annual budget, makes recommendations regarding fees and fee collections.
- Provides staff support to various committees as assigned including the Parks and Community Services Commission, Recycling and Resource Conservation Committee, and other ad hoc committees.
- Works collaboratively with citizen and other public groups agencies and organizations to bring about coordinated, effective delivery of recreation, Community Center and other related community services.
- Prepares reports and studies related to recreation programs, capital improvements, facility maintenance and other assigned activities.
- Organizes and develops volunteer programs.
- Assists in the planning and organizing of community events; coordinates, develops, distributes various public information and marketing materials related to Town services and programs including the administration of the Town newsletter.
- Prepares and monitors grants.
- Assists in the planning, financing and development of recreational facilities and Community Center renovation and expansion.
- Responds to and resolves difficult and sensitive citizen inquiries and complaints.
- Performs others related duties and special projects as assigned by the Town Manager.