Online Public Comment Participation Steps
The Town of Yountville is committed to public participation in Town government in a manner that is consistent with guidance provided by the Governor’s Executive Order(s) and Napa County Public Health officials. These guidelines relate to social distancing, and are intended to protect everyone, especially those over 65 and those with other medical conditions.
The Town of Yountville has taken the following steps to utilize technology to encourage full public participation during the upcoming Town Council Meetings or other Meeting Bodies in order to comply with public health guidance, and the Town thanks you in advance for your cooperation and understanding with the following:
- You are strongly encouraged to observe the Town Council meeting live on the Town’s website at www.townofyountville.com/meetings and on our local cable TV Channel 28.
- Meetings are live-streamed via the Town’s website by visiting our website www.townofyountville.com/meetings and clicking on the “In Progress” button.Anyone with a computer, laptop, or mobile device and internet access can view our Town Council meetings live online.Viewers can also access archives of past meetings which are time stamped to jump to an agenda item.
- Submitting E-comments – The public can submit E-comments for items on the agenda by visiting www.townofyountville.com/meetings and clicking the blue hyperlink on the e-comment section. If this is your first time using E-comment, you will be required to create an account. If you already have an account on SpeakUp Yountville, please use that account information to login. Your E-comments will go directly to Council and Staff iPads and will become part of the official public record.
Submittal of E-comments has been extended; and if received during the meeting it may be read into the record, as long as it is received during public comment and prior to the vote on the item.
- To Submit Public Comment via e-mail – You may submit public comments to the Town’s NEW email account firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include in the subject line “COMMENT TO COUNCIL” or if another Meeting Body to “COMMENT TO ARTS”, “COMMENT TO ZDRB” or “COMMENT TO PRAC” and the email will be read into the record subject to the Town Council Protocols establishing a 3-minute Public Comment per person.
Public comment received during the meeting may be read into the record, as long as it is received during public comment and prior to the Council’s vote on the item.
- Seating has been reduced in Council Chambers. If you choose to attend the Council meeting in person, you will be required to maintain appropriate social distancing of 6 feet between yourself and other individuals.
Town staff will evaluate these steps after this meeting, in order to continue to improve our remote public participation process. These steps are designed to make our meeting accessible to everyone, but if you need additional accommodations for remote participation, please contact the Town Clerk at 707-944-8851 or via email at email@example.com.
If you are a member of the public and have questions regarding COVID-19 testing, hygiene or other recommended guidance, please visit the Town’s website at: http://www.townofyountville.com/covid-19