Sales Tax Data
Local Sales Tax Rate - The overall Sales Tax Rate in Yountville is 7.75%; of this amount 6.25% goes to the State, 1.0% goes to the Town, and 0.50% is for the Napa County Measure T Tax (Napa County Wide Road Maintenance Act) of which Yountville receives a portion for street related projects.
Sales Taxes Revenue to Yountville - The Town receives monthly advances on estimated Sales Tax revenues from the State. Each quarter (in March, June, September, and December) the State reconciles actual receipts against advances and remits tax revenue to the Town accordingly.
- Sales Tax Definitions (PDF)
- Sales Tax Update (PDF) - 2nd Quarter 2023 (April - June)
- Sales Tax Revenue Timing Lags - The flow of Sales Tax revenue to the Town is delayed by 6 to 18 weeks from the time of sale, to reconciliation and remittance by the State to the Town. For example, Sales Taxes reported on March 31st are based on receipts from the November 15th to February 14th period.
Please visit the California Department of Tax and Fee Administration (CDTFA) website for more information about Sales Tax, and how to obtain a Seller's Permit.
State of California Requirements - The State requires that you must obtain a seller's permit if you:
- Are engaged in business in California
- Intend to sell or lease tangible personal property that would ordinarily be subject to sales tax if sold at retail
- Will make sales for a temporary period, normally lasting no longer than 30 days at one or more locations (e.g. fireworks booth, Christmas tree lots, garage sale)
The requirement to obtain a seller's permit applies to: Individuals, Partnerships, Corporations, Organizations, Husband/Wife Co-ownership, LLPs, and LLCs. Both wholesalers and retailers must apply for a seller's permit.