- Emergency Preparedness
Start here to educate yourself on how to prepare when there's a wildfire:
If the flames come to Yountville, your life may well depend on making correct decisions, most of them related to when and how you will evacuate. Prepare a Family Emergency Plan and be prepared to put your plan into action.
- Make your own Pre-Packed Evacuation Kit or purchase a Pre-assembled kit.
- Stay calm and don't panic - do not call 911 unless you have a life-threatening emergency.
- Evacuation Planning for Individuals with Special Needs and Older Adults (COAD)
- Preparedness Planning for your Medical Needs (COAD)
If fire is in your vicinity:
- Evacuation During a Fire Emergency (COAD) - if ordered to evacuate, do so at once!
- Tune your radio to 99.3 KVYN (FM), 1440 KVON (AM) and local TV stations for further information. Visit the Communication and Public Safety Alerts page for more information.
- Stay Informed - Get Alerts (COAD)
- Alert neighbors to the danger
- Pack a Go Bag (COAD)
Do your part to help with fire prevention in your home:
- Make sure you have functioning smoke detectors
- Keep multi-purpose fire extinguishers (2-A:10-B:C Rated) handy
- Keep flammable items away from wall and floor heaters
- Take care with space heaters and candles
The Napa County Fire Department at Yountville understands the challenge residents have in maintaining defensible space around their homes. With this in mind, they will assist you in identifying hazards specific to your residence by performing Hazard Assessments upon request. Contact them at 707-963-4112. Visit the Napa County Fire Department page for more information.
For further information on how to protect yourself against Fires, visit the Wildfires section at ready.gov.
*The information on this website is provided under the California Emergency Services Act (California Government Code section 8550 et seq.) and for informational purposes only. The information on this website: (1) is necessarily general and not intended to be a complete guide to all things that can or should be done in the event of an emergency, (2) is subject to change at any time including in the event of an emergency, and (3) may not apply to your specific needs and/or circumstances in the event of an emergency. Emergency preparedness is your responsibility. Relevant information regarding a particular emergency may be different than the information provided on this website. All persons should consult relevant authorities for information regarding a particular emergency. There are many sources of information for emergency preparedness and all persons should consult as many resources as possible.