The purpose of the Subsidy Scholarship Program (PDF) is to encourage and support participation in recreational activities provided by the Towns Parks and Recreation Department regardless of having the ability to pay. Funded through the Town of Yountville Community Foundation, a 501c3 Foundation, the Town can offer subsidy scholarships for participation in Parks and Recreation programs, events, and excursions.
Eligible recipients can receive up to $200 per quarter to use towards registration for Parks and Recreation programs, events and excursions totaling $800 per fiscal year (July to June). There is no household cap. Funds cannot be rolled over to the next quarter.
Eligibility for scholarships will be determined by the Parks and Recreation Director or their designee. Eligibility for scholarship must be established each year beginning in July. Scholarship eligibility is valid for one year.
Who is Eligible
- Yountville Residents 18 and under and 50 and older, or
- Children in the Foster Care System regardless of city of residence, and
- Those who's household falls at or under 250% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines (PDF)
Ways to Prove Eligibility
- Residency: Photo ID with Address or Utility Bill
- Foster Care: Referral from Foster Care Agency
- Financial: Prior year's tax return, SSI Statement, MediCal Notice of Action Letter, CalWorks Notice of Action Letter, Food Stamp Notice of Action Letter
Attendance is Mandatory
Attendance in programs that have been registered for is mandatory to continue receiving scholarships. If you need to cancel your participation, please contact Parks and Recreation prior to the first meeting.
View and download the Subsidy Scholarship Information and Application (PDF).